Non-destructive testing laboratory (NDTL) is a structural unit of VNIINEFTEMASH-Consulting LLC, and performs incoming inspection and technical diagnostics functions in accordance with the Federal Law No. 116-FZ “On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities”. NDTL head - Zakharov V.A., has higher education, Cand. Techn. Sci., specialist of non-destructive testing methods. According to attestation certificates, NDT laboratory of VNIINEFTEMASH-Consulting LLC renders services using the following methods of non-destructive testing:
- Acoustic testing (ultrasonic defectoscopy/ thickness measurement)
- Ultrasonic defectoscopy
- Ultrasonic thickness measurement
- Eddy current testing
- Thermal testing
- Vibration diagnostics and monitoring
- Visual and dimension inspection
- Hardness measurement
The laboratory performs:
- incoming inspection (verification) of purchased products according to GOST 24297 for compliance with the stated properties to prevent possible emergencies;
- research of the materials structure and properties based on their magnetic and acoustic characteristics, metallographic examination without samples cutoff using special corporate techniques and standards, and with samples cutoff to perform thorough physical and mechanical, and metallographic examination;
- analysis of corrosion and erosion wear and tear of equipment;
- tightness testing (leak detection);
- engineering support related to manufacturing and operation of the technical devices of hazardous production facilities, subject to the requirements of the Technical Regulations, Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety, standards, Operation Manuals (OM), Guidance documents (GD) and Instructions for the respective equipment:
- Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. General explosion safety rules for fire and explosion hazardous chemical, petrochemical and oil processing production facilities.
- Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Industrial safety rules for hazardous production facilities that use equipment operating under excess pressure.
- GOST R 55725-13. Non-destructive testing. Ultrasonic piezoelectric transducers. General technical requirements.
- GOST R 55724-13. Non-destructive testing. Welded joints. Ultrasonic methods.
- GOST R ISO 16809-2015. Non-destructive testing. Ultrasonic testing. Thickness measurement.
- Standard ISO 16859-1:2015. Metallic materials. Leeb hardness testing. Part 1. Test method.
- GOST ISO 22826-2017. Destructive testing on welds in metallic materials. Hardness testing of narrow joints welded by laser and electron beam (Vickers and Knoop hardness tests)
- GOST ISO 15614-11-2016. Technical requirements and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials. Welding procedure test. Part 11. Electron beam and laser beam welding
- GOST R ISO 17637-2014. Non-destructive testing. Visual inspection of joints made by fusion welding.
- GOST ISO 13919-1-2017 Welding. Electron and laser-beam welded joints. Guidance on quality levels for imperfections. Part 1. Steel
- GOST R 50.05.08-2018 Conformity assessment system for the use of nuclear energy. Conformity assessment in the form of control. Unified methods. Visual and dimension inspection
- GOST 34293-2017 Pipeline valves. Metal ball valves for petroleum, petrochemical and allied industries. General specifications.
- GOST ISO 16330-2017 Oscillating displacement pumps and pump units. Technical requirements
- GOST R 58177-2018 United power system and isolated power systems. Thermal power plants. Thermal-mechanical equipment of thermal power plants. Control of condition of metal. Norms and requirements
- GOST R 58182-2018 Requirements for experts and specialists. Engineering documents compliance check specialist. General requirements
- STO 00220302/67-001/1-2012. Eddy current non-destructive testing method for components of vessels and apparatuses.
- STO 00220302/67-003-2012. Ferrite content determination by eddy current method.
- STO 00220302/67-010-2014. Non-destructive quality control of the components of technical devices made of gray cast iron.
- Instructions for testing the cladding layer metal of coke drums R-201, R-202 (serial No. 2065.706) JSC Achinsky NPZ VNK.
To calculate the cost of NDT services, please fill in our questionnaire/brief. Applications for performance of non-destructive testing may be filed to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Below there are some examples of works and laboratory testing at the hazardous production facilities.
Ultrasonic testing (UT) method is presently one of the main methods of non-destructive testing of welded joints on technical devices, forgings, sheet steel and other products, offered in 1928 by a Soviet physicist S.Y. Sokolov.
Ultrasonic defectoscopy of longitudinal and circular welds on the vessel Е-40 at VDU-1, Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC, 2015.
Eddy current testing (ECT) - enables search for defects and assessment of the tested items’ properties, and has a wide industrial application both during manufacturing and operation of equipment.
Eddy current testing. “Tube-tubesheet” welded joints of air cooler sections are subject to technical diagnostics.Weld scanning was made at the weld middle and along its boundaries, including inside the tube.
Eddy current testing. Overhead process pipelines of the workshop No.2 GFU unit at Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC are subject to technical diagnostics. Dashed line shows a trajectory of transducer movement at reducers.
Visual and dimension inspection (VI&DI) is referred to the most informative methods of non-destructive testing, is basic and precedes all other methods.
Internal examination and visual and dimension inspection of the vessel Е-40 at VDU-1, Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC, 2015. Swollen areas are detected on the internal and external surface of Е-40 vessel shell course (discontinuities, bulges, lamination).
Vibration diagnostics and monitoring (VD)
External examination of rotating equipment is performed, components, supports and foundation are examined, vibrodiagnostic measurements are made according to the examination program, and the requirements of standards and normative and technical documentation.
Vibration diagnostics and monitoring. Nitrogen compressor plant by KWANGSHIN MACHINE INDUSTRY CO.LTD is subject to technical diagnostics, Sibur-Neftekhim JSC ethylene oxide and glycols production, Dzerzhinsk, the Nizhny Novgorod region.
Thermal testing (TT)
Thermal testing of overhead process pipelines at the GFU unit of Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC was performed in accordance with the requirements of RD-13-04-2006 Methodical recommendations on the procedure of thermal inspection of technical devices and structures applied and operated at hazardous production facilities, GOST R 54852-2011 Buildings and structures. Thermal testing method for the enclosing structures thermal insulation quality control.
Analysis of corrosion and erosion wear and tear of technical devices
Technical documentation is reviewed together with the results of on-site investigation of the technical device, corrosion and erosion wear and tear rates are determined within individual apparatuses and vessels of the units. Based on the review results, potentially hazardous components and areas are identified.
Corrosion wear of titanium cladding of the bottom head of the autoclave manufactured by MERSENXIANDASHANGHAICO., LTD.
Fragment of the rotor impeller of the hydrogen centrifugal compressor 02-TsK-1 make 6 RSA 36 Howden CKD Compressors.
Section of transfer pipeline No. 156 “Atmospheric residue from P-2 to K-5” at VDU-1 of Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC.
Tightness testing (leak detection)
Tightness testing (leak detection) of the shell of the 2nd stage cylinder complete with the cage body and the cross head (crosshead) body of the piston compressor 039-PK-004 manufactured by Dresser Rand and transferred for the needs of Ryazan Oil Refinery Company JSC by Sinclair Oil company (USA). Vacuum bubble tester TPV-12 “Expert” is used.